This page will display all activity postings from the institution selected in the dropdown list below. To change the institution, select one from the dropdown and press "View." Any activities that occurred before today's date have been archived and can be viewed by selecting "View Archive." Activities can also be sorted by institution by selecting "Sort by Institution."
The 10th Annual China goes Global conference will be held in Macerata, Italy, the birthplace of Mateo Ricci. We encourage paper writers, panel presenters, book authors, and PhD students researching China’s globalization to submit their work on our website (www.chinagoesglobal.org). A significant part of the world’s economy, trade, and investment regimes, China is a center of influence on geopolitics, world institutions, and global economic health. We seek to present research on the internationalization of China from multi-disciplinary perspectives, including political economy, business, sociology, the humanities and environmental studies. Previous conference attendees hailed from across the globe, mostly from the academy, but also from government, international institutions, and business sectors.
Five special features will distinguish this year’s conference:
• Special Issue: A special issue from the conference will be published by the International Journal of Emerging Markets, an Emerald journal that is indexed in Scopus and ranked by ABS (level 1). Articles from past Special Issues have achieved a high number of download and citation.
• Keynoters: This year’s keynoters are among the foremost experts in emerging markets, including Professors Peter Buckley and Jean-Francois Hennart.
• Doctoral consortium: a doctoral paper development program will be given to early career researchers, with the purpose of helping them publish the ideas/papers in a top peer- reviewed journal. A special pre-conference workshop on Methodologies and use of Data in Chinese studies will be offered as well.
• Local Attractions: There will be some local tours to historical sites, wineries, and other attractions in the Marche region. The period of the conference also corresponds to the Opera season providing a cultural backdrop to an intellectually stimulating conference.
• Awards: A number of best papers and reviewer awards will be given to recognize excellent contributions, including best paper award, best thematic award, best service award, best reviewer awards, best PhD paper submission award. The best paper awards will also confer on the recipients priority review to the International Journal of Emerging Markets.
As the premier conference in the field of China’s globalization, China Goes Global© will continue its decade-long effort to contribute to the discipline and to scholarly exchanges. While all topics on the study of Chinese globalization will be considered, we are planning tracks on the following topics:
1. Globalization of Chinese capital, companies and people
2. Sub-Saharan Africa: New dynamics, New synergies
3. Health Care Systems Of China
4. Negotiation, Language and Culture
5. Impact of religion on Chinese globalization
6. Education, University-Industry Partnerships and the Not-for-Profit sector
7. Chinese Small and Medium Enterprises and Entrepreneurship
8. Upgrading of Capabilities, Technology and Strategic Assets
9. China and Russia: towards a new strategic direction
10. Chinese companies in Latin America
11. The Role of Communication, Media and Public Relations
12. Strategic HRM of Chinese MNCS
13. Chinese investment in Europe
14. China and energy policy
15. The “One Belt, One Road” initiative
Please submit your paper through our online submission system no later than March 15, 2016. Papers should follow the author style and referencing guide provided on the conference website. By submitting a paper, all authors also agree to review up to 3 papers, and at least one author agrees to attend the conference.
Submissions must be done online: http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/conference/paper-submission/
Deadline for submission: March 15, 2016
Paper acceptance/rejection: May 1, 2016
Revised paper submission: June 1, 2016
Please note that all presenters and participants must register to attend the conference. No refund will be given to non-attendance or last minute cancellation.
Student rate: $250 early bird ($299 regular)
Early bird registration due on May 10, 2016: $495
Regular registration due on July 1, 2016: $595
The registration fee includes one-year CGA membership, reception, conference dinner, and a local tour. Conference registration does not include accommodation or travel costs. Information on travel and accommodation will be provided later (www.playmarche.it)
Ilan Alon, University of Agder
Julian Chang, IMC Group/Octave
Christoph Lattemann, Jacobs University Bremen, Center for Design Thinking-D-Forge John R. McIntyre, Scheller College of Business, Georgia Institute of Technology
Francesca Spigarelli, University of Macerata
William-HUA Wang, Kedge Business School
Wenxian Zhang, Rollins College
This annual faculty and professional overseas study program is sponsored and lead-managed by the CIBER schools of the University of South Carolina, Brigham Young University, and The George Washington University. The program - which also offers a spouse/adult guest concurrent program at a reduced rate - is an opportunity for all participants to experience first-hand the unique business challenges of the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region - as well as areas in East Africa - as they travel to Cairo & Giza, Egypt; Kigali and Lake Kivu, Rwanda; and Addis Ababa & Lalibela, Ethiopia. The participants and guests will also take part in numerous business and academic site visits, culture tours and academic and professional seminars. The 2017 program will focus once again upon "doing business in the MENA region," as well as concentrating upon the traditional North & East African local and national businesses and multinational corporations operating in the region. The program fees (round-trip airfare is not included in the program fee) are: faculty/professional participants, $4,500; spouse/adult guest of participant, $3,750 (must room with sponsor); and graduate student, $3,500. The program is capped at 28 total participants and guests on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for application is October 1, 2016. A program brochure will be available by July 2016. For further information on the program, please contact Mike Shealy at your convenience.Link: http://moore.sc.edu/facultyresearch/researchcenters/centerforinternationalbusinesseducationandresearchciber/facultydevelopment.aspx